The Colledge Family Memorial Fellowship Fund
Applications for the Colledge Family Memorial Trust, Travelling Fellowships 2019 are now open.
The Colledge Family Memorial Trust was created by a generous bequest from Cecilia Colledge, daughter of a famous London surgeon called Lionel Colledge. The endowment is approximately £2.5 million and the interest is used to fund a small number of high value awards for overseas study each year. Applications are reviewed and scored by a small group of senior ENT surgeons and the Fellowships are usually announced in late June/ early July. Recent awards have been for Fellows to study / work in California, Brisbane, Toronto and Germany.
All applications will be considered but applicants who stand to gain clinical or research experience will be given priority. The value of the award to any one Fellow is not likely to be less than £10,000.
For all applicants the following conditions are laid down by the Trust:
- You must be a Fellow or Member of The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- You must be a senior trainee, or recently appointed Consultant (or of similar status), of head and neck surgery.
- The fund is restricted to UK Medical Graduates.
- The clinical study or research must be conducted overseas.
- The clinical study or research is is to be for Otolaryngology/Head and Neck surgery.
- A report must be submitted within three months of your return.
Deadline – Friday 31st May 2019
Please submit the following electronically to email@example.com and one copy by post to the address shown below.
• A letter of support from the Head of Department, or Consultant, under whom the applicant is currently working
• A letter of support from the Head of the Department to be visited
The Research Department
Royal College of Surgeons
35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields
London WC2A 3PE