Ronald Raven Barbers' Award
Deadline for applications: 3 November 2020
The award is intended to assist surgeons who are proposing to go abroad to learn a new surgical technique or procedure, of which they can make use of on their return to the UK to benefit their patients. Particular weight is given to the excellence of the applicant, the innovative qualities of the work to be done and the ultimate benefit of the work to patient care in the UK. The award should not directly or indirectly benefit an institution of any kind.
- You should be affiliated to this College and a resident in the UK.
- You should not already have received a Ronald Raven Award.
Value of the award
Subject to satisfactory applicants, two awards up to the value of £2,500 each will be made towards the cost of the project. Normally the award will be for one academic year. However, in special circumstances, it may be given for a maximum of two years, subject to satisfactory reports at the end of first year.
How to apply
Please email one full PDF copy of the four documents listed below to email@example.com:
- a completed application form which can be obtained from Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- CV (4 A4 sides maximum);
- letter of support from head of department or consultant under which you are currently working;
- letter of support from head of unit where the project will take place.
Tel: 0207 869 6616