Ronald Raven Barbers' Award
Deadline for applications: 30th October 2018
The award is intended to assist surgeons who are proposing to go abroad to learn a new surgical technique or procedure, of which they can make use of on their return to the UK to benefit their patients. Particular weight is given to the excellence of the applicant, the innovative qualities of the work to be done and the ultimate benefit of the work to patient care in the UK. The award should not directly or indirectly benefit an institution of any kind.
- You should be affiliated to this College and resident in the UK.
- You should not already have received a Ronald Raven Award.
Value of the award
Subject to satisfactory applicants, two awards up to the value of £2,500 each will be made towards the cost of the project. Normally the award will be for one academic year. However, in special circumstances, it may be given for a maximum of two years, subject to satisfactory reports at the end of first year.
How to apply
Please post three sets of the four documents listed below and email a set, collated in readiness to be sent to the assessors, to the address below. (Please note each set should include one copy of each of the listed documents and then stapled together. Please do not use plastic covers or envelopes):
- completed application form
- CV (4 A4 sides maximum)
- letter of support from head of department or consultant under which you are currently working
- letter of support from head of unit where the project will take place
- Please email 1 full PDF copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Royal College of Surgeons of England
35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields
Tel: 0207 869 6616