I'm a Medical Student or Trainee
Are you a medical student, foundation or core surgical trainee?
The benefits of becoming an affiliate member:
RCS England Affiliate membership will support you throughout your training. Access advice, resources and opportunities to help you stand out from the crowd in this important time in your career, for only £15 per year. Affiliate membership demonstrates your commitment to surgery in your foundation and core application.
We now offer a membership package exclusively for affiliate members who are UK trainees in their first four years post-MRCS. Find out more about how the First 4 membership package can save you up to £512 in membership fees.
How to join Affiliate membership
- Register for an account on our website, if you don't already have one. You will receive an email with a link to verify your account.
- Log in and complete our short affiliate registration form, ensuring that you provide your career stage. Once submitted, the membership support team will review, normally within a few days.
- Once your application is accepted by the membership support team, you will receive an email with details of how to pay.
If you experience any difficulties please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7405 3474 (option 1).
Membership benefit 1: Stay up to date
Membership benefit 2: Study support
- Access over 1,000 free e-journals* and online resources including Acland’s Video Atlas of Human Anatomy* and get a 33% discount on The Funky Professor anatomy study videos.
- Library services including literature searches.
- Access to specimens and an iPad-based specimen review with self-test feature for study and revision through the Anatomy and Pathology Museum.
- Discounts on face-to-face (partner centres only) and online courses to learn basic surgical skills and support your preparation for the MRCS and ST3.
*Please note that access to e-journals, including Acland’s Video Atlas of Human Anatomy, applies to postgraduate affiliates only
Membership benefit 3: Get ahead
- A range of bursaries and awards for educational and learning opportunities.
- Research fellowships, encouraging innovative surgical developments.
- TOTUM discount card in association with NUS.
- Rewards+, RCS England exclusive membership scheme offering a range of discounts and special offers
- Membership will demonstrate your commitment to the profession. With the support of our members, we influence and shape health policy, ensuring that key issues are addressed at the highest level.
Membership benefit 4: Career development
- Regional events and networking, enabling you to make key contacts.
- Volunteer opportunities to add to your portfolio.
- Priority booking on our careers activities, including, the surgical skills competition and interview skills sessions – providing you with invaluable careers advice and skills development.
Contact us about membership
Email email@example.com to discuss joining the College or any administration of your membership.
Thanks you for your enquiry. We will reply to you as soon as possible.
Telephone 020 7405 3474 (option 1) to talk with a member of our membership team
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Our membership office is on the ground floor of the main College building. Please ask for us at reception.
The Royal College of Surgeons of England
35-43 Lincolns Inn Fields
London, WC2A 3PE