The College Library houses a unique collection of historical significance. Including materials of interest to researchers of the history of medicine, surgery and genealogy:
- Rare books dating back to the 15th century
- Paintings, prints, drawings and photographs
- Archives including the papers of the Royal College of Surgeons of England from the 19th century onwards
- An extensive collection of manuscripts relating to medicine and surgery from the 16th to the 20th centuries
- A historical collection of print journals
- Our combined museum, archive and library collections were awarded Designated status by Arts Council England in 2013.
The College strives to preserve these unique collections so that they never cease to be an asset essential to the advances in medical science.
We'd love to talk to you about Making Surgery your Legacy...
Please contact Nicola Extance-Vaughan, Fundraising Manager, Legacies & In Memory Giving.
We want to share in your vision as to what your legacy gift could achieve, so if you are considering leaving a legacy to RCS England or have already done so, we are here to help.
Telephone 020 7869 6086 to talk with a member of our fundraising team
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.