North West Surgical Trials Centre (NWSTC)
NWSTC is embedded in the Liverpool Clinical Trials Centre and is a collaboration between the University of Liverpool and the University of Manchester. The collaborative is funded by the Sir John Fisher Foundation / RCS England Chair of Surgical Trials in Liverpool (Professor Michael Jenkinson) and the Masonic Charitable Foundation / RCS England Chair of Surgical Trials in Manchester (Professor Cliona Kirwan).
The NWSTC aims are to:
• Develop and deliver world class surgical trials (including translational research) that will improve the outcomes for surgical patients
• Develop and provide training for new surgical Chief Investigators
• Provide research training through short courses, workshops and sandpit days
• Develop an extensive network of academic and NHS surgeons in the North West across all surgical specialties
• Support and mentor the surgical trainee collaboratives, including the North West Research Collaborative, North West Breast Research Collaborative, and Liverpool Trainee Research Collaborative