Paediatric Surgery Fellowships
This page includes the Paediatric Surgery Fellowships which have been approved under the RCS Senior Clinical Fellowship Scheme. Please note that there are approved Neurosurgery and Otolaryngology Paediatric Surgery Fellowships under the Scheme.
Applying to be a fellow
If you would like to be a RCS Senior Clinical Fellow, you will need to contact the Supervisor / Lead Consultant of the Fellowship programme you are interested in. Ask the Supervisor / Lead Consultant if or when there is a vacancy for a fellow. They will tell you how to apply, if appropriate. Please go to the appropriate Fellowship programme listed below for more information.
Chelsea and Westminster Paediatric Colorectal Fellowship, London
Based at: Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust
Surgical Specialty Association approving: BAPS & ACPGBI
Approval period: Initially approved April 2016; currently applying for reapproval
Fellowship duration: 12-24 months
Stated learning outcomes:
- Competency level 4 in Pull through for Hirschsprungs disease (currently level 3 at CCT level).
- Competency level 4 for posterior sagittal anorectoplasty PSARP (currently level 3 at CCT level).
- Help establish a transitional service for young adults with colorectal disease.
- Experience with pouch surgery for paediatric inflammatory bowel disease patients.
Number of main operations the fellow could expect to be involved in:
- Hirschsprung pull through – 8 per year
- Anorectoplasty – 10 per year
- EUA rectum +/- seton insertion – 20 per year
- Laparoscopic colectomy – 6 per year
- Assisting / observing in pouch surgery – 5, adult colectomies - 15
- Involvement in MDT meetings
Fellows awarded Fellowship Certificate (dates of Fellowship):
- Tan Yew Wei (Jun 18 - Jul 19)