Our Network & Directory
Women in Surgery maintains a network of members across the country comprising women surgeons from medical student upwards. This enables us to collate and disseminate information from a wide range of women surgeons who have experienced every aspect of a career in surgery. If you would like to contact a WinS member, please join the network so that you can access the directory, or email us.
Joining WinS is free, and you will receive the following benefits:
- news and updates
- invitations to attend and participate in our events
- access to the WinS Directory.
To join, you will need to use your College website account or create a new account if you do not already have one. If you have trouble using the application system below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a form.
What do our members say?
I am a surgical registrar in North West London pursuing a career in colorectal surgery. I love being part of the Women in Surgery network, which has given me mentors and friends from various career stages. WinS provides a sense of camaraderie in this challenging career and has helped me realise the different strengths our gender can bring to surgery.
As a future Orthopaedic surgeon, I face a long and arduous journey ahead. During my time in the West Midlands, I have been amongst the most inspiring role models and driven female surgeons. As a result, I find myself motivated and determined to be part of the exciting world of surgery. Women in Surgery provides support, opportunity for collaboration and education so that anyone may be part of these changing times in which women break through perceived sexual discrimination to achieve success.
Women in Surgery Directory
The Women in Surgery (WinS) Directory is a listing of surgeons who have indicated that they are happy to be contacted by others in the WinS network.
If you are a member of the WinS network, you can use this directory to search for surgeons of all grades who may be willing to offer advice or act as speakers at events.
Add your details to the Women in Surgery directory
As a surgeon, being listed in the directory will help facilitate valuable networking opportunities. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience with colleagues and aspiring surgeons.
Your contact details will be listed in a database that can be searched by WinS members so that they can contact you directly with requests.
- The directory can only be searched by members of WinS.
- Your contact details are only visible to WinS members.
- If you receive any inappropriate messages, please inform the WinS office immediately by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 7869 6212.
- Being listed in the directory does not commit you to responding to any requests you receive.
- You can choose to opt-out of the directory at any time.
To use the WinS directory you must first join the WinS network. You can then view the directory and choose whether to opt in.
Using the WinS directory
Once you have accessed the directory, you can either filter the directory by grade, specialty, region and “expert” area, or you can search for a particular person using their name.
When using the directory, please remember the following points:
- Respect the wishes of anyone you contact.
- Always be polite in initial emails. Explain who you are, where you found their contact details and why you are contacting them.
- If you do not receive a favourable response, or any response at all, do not harass the person you contacted with multiple emails.
- Do not ask for, or give, clinical advice.
- Remember that any advice received from people contacted via the directory represents the personal views of the person you have contacted. It should not be taken as a formal College position.
- If you receive any inappropriate messages please inform the WinS office immediately.
Join the WinS network
Join the WinS network
Not got an account?
Don't worry, continue and we'll create an account for you.Register & Continue