Fulbright Research Award
Applications are now open.
The Royal College of Surgeons Fulbright Award allows UK trainee RCS members to pursue research into a number of surgical areas at any accredited US higher education institution, including:
- Development of new operative techniques;
- Improvements in patient care and recovery;
- Causes of surgical conditions;
- Treatment and procedure.
This grant covers any appropriate 3-12 month project.
Grantees will not be permitted to practice clinically in the US; research projects must not involve direct clinical contact with patients.
- Early November 2019: Applications close
- January/February 2020: Shortlisted candidates invited to interview
- February 2020: All candidates notified of their status
- March 2020: Fulbright Finalist Workshop
- June/July 2020: Pre-Departure Orientation
- July onwards 2020: Independent departures to the USA
Applications can be made here