The College exists to promote and protect the interests of patients by maintaining and enhancing professional standards in surgery. Over many years, fellows and members of the College have extended the frontiers of surgery through clinical research and the development of new operative techniques.
The Research Department of the College is responsible for administering the College's Research Fellowship scheme and Pump Priming grants to support surgeons whose research goal is to maintain and enhance patient care.
In the last 23 years the College, through the Research Fellowship Scheme, has committed more than £35 million to support over 700 individual trainee surgeons working in university departments and hospitals throughout the UK and abroad.
- One-Year Surgical Research Fellowships
- Pump Priming Grants for Newly Appointed Consultants, Senior Lecturers and Post-Doctoral Trainees
- Fulbright Awards for 2018-19
- Joint RCS/NJR Research Fellowships
- Joint RCS/BAPS
- Joint RCS & McKinsey Healthcare Management Fellowship