Please enter both an email address and a password.

Account login

Need to reset your password?  Enter the email address which you used to register on this site (or your membership/contact number) and we'll email you a link to reset it. You must complete the process within 2hrs of receiving the link.

We've sent you an email

An email has been sent to Simply follow the link provided in the email to reset your password. If you can't find the email please check your junk or spam folder and add to your address book.

 Application Guidelines and FAQ

Application instructions

Before completing the application form, please read the notes below:

  1. Applicants should read the terms and conditions. Submission of an application will be taken to imply acceptance of these regulations.
  2. To be eligible applicants must be a member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.

  3. All questions must be answered or marked not applicable.

The application form comprises four parts:

  • Part A – to be completed by the applicant 
  • Part B – confidential report to be completed by the present Head of Department 
  • Part C – confidential report to be completed by the proposed Supervisor 
  • Finance Form – confirmation of administrative arrangements – to be completed and signed by an administrative office at the host centre (eg Finance Officer, Registrar, Bursar or Secretary)

Applicants are responsible for forwarding B, C and the Finance Form of the application form to the appropriate authorities for completion and submit it all together by the deadline. 

Application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted.


What if my Head of Department and Supervisor is the same person?

That person will then have to fill out parts B and C.

I am applying for membership; do I need to have this in place before the closing date?

No, you can apply in parallel, as long as we can see that your membership application is in progress you are eligible to apply.

Contact the Research Department

If you have any problems accessing or completing the form, please contact the Research Department at

Share this page: