Joint RCS/NJR Research Fellowships
One fellowship sponsored by The National Joint Registry (NJR) is available with the successful candidate to be appointed in early 2018, for a start 2018/19
- must be from the UK;
- must be members, affiliates or ad eundem of RCS, or you may have an ad eundem application in progress;
- must have an identified host institution with a recognised orthopaedic centre;
- must have the written support of an orthopaedics-orientated mentor;
- must propose a project that is aligned with the broad strategic objectives of the NJR and based upon NJR data.
Please note the second year of the fellowship is subject to satisfactory performance at the end of the first year.
NJR fellows will remain employed by their host institution, remunerated by the RCS. No indirect or directly incurred costs are allowed. There will be a £500 a year allocation for travel and up to £ 3,000 for consumables.
Closing date for applications: 29th January at 5pm. Interviews will be held in Spring 2018 (Date tbc)
How to apply
Each applicant must send:
- 10 copies of parts A-C (stapled together) of the application form
- 10 copies of the NJR Research Application form
- one copy of part D
- one equal opportunities form to:
Louise Duncan - Research Department
The Royal College of Surgeons
35-43 Lincolns Inn Fields
Please also send a full set by PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct any queries about Joint RCS/NJR research fellowships to Louise Duncan at email@example.com
Find out more about NJR research fellows