2017 FDS Board Election
30 Jan 2017
Notice is given that an election of four Members of the Board will take place on Friday 12 May 2017. There are FOUR vacancies due to Professor Nigel Hunt having completed his second term of service; Professor Paul Speight and Mrs Kathryn Postlethwaite having completed their first term of service and not standing for a second term and Dr Judith Jones having completed her first term of service but being eligible for re-election for a further four years.
Note: All candidates must be members in good standing with the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
The following shall be eligible for election to the Board on complying with the Regulations:
- Fellows in Dental Surgery of the College by Election who are dentally qualified.
- Fellows in Dental Surgery of the College by examination.
- Fellows in Dental surgery ad eundem.
- Members of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (MFDS) by examination.
- Members of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (MFDS) ad eundem.
- Specialty Members who possess the Membership in Orthodontics (MOrth), Membership in Restorative Dentistry (MRD), Membership in Oral Surgery (MOralSurg), Membership in Surgical Dentistry (MSurg Dent), Membership in Paediatric Dentistry (MPaed Dent) or the Membership in Special Care Dentistry (MSCD) who do not possess a Fellowship in Dental Surgery of the College. In the case of all intercollegiate diplomas, Members must be affiliated to The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Specialty Members as in (vi) above, ad eundem.
- Members of the Joint Dental Faculties (MJDF RCSEng) who, after three years joint membership, have declared their affiliation with the Faculty of Dental Surgery.
Nomination forms and further details outlining the duties and responsibilities of the Faculty Board can be obtained by emailing the Faculty office at email@example.com.
All nomination forms must be duly completed and returned by Friday 3 March 2017, 5pm.