UPDATE Clinical Excellence Awards - 2020 round
20 Mar 2020
The following statement has been published on the ACCEA website:-
• The Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards (ACCEA) is aware of the increasing impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on all NHS staff.
• We are in constant contact with NHS staff and stakeholder organisations and know that Royal Colleges, employers, ACCEA committee members and applicants are concerned about the time needed to apply for an award and for employers to sign them off, which may be at the expense of clinical priorities.
• We have therefore suspended applications for the 2020 national Clinical Excellence Awards competition. – There is now no need to complete an application or for employers to sign-off those already submitted.
• We will implement contingency plans for new applications. We will ensure that those whose awards expire in April 2021 are not disadvantaged by being unable to submit a renewal application.
• Any applications already drafted will be saved. The online form will remain available until 17:00 on Tuesday 24 March so that applicants can download their work.
• We will provide further details next week after discussions with ministers and ACCEA committees.
ACCEA will update you once they have more information on a definitive position after Ministerial input.