Nominations open for three members of the Faculty Board
12 Jan 2021
Notice is given that an election of three members of the Board will take place on Friday 7 May 2021. There are THREE vacancies due to Dr Judith Jones having completed her second term of service; Mrs Vanita Brookes having completed her first term of service and not standing for a second term and Dr Penelope Shirlaw having completed her first term of service but being eligible for re-election for a further four years.
Note: All candidates must be members in good standing with the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
The following shall be eligible for election to the Board on complying with the Regulations:
- Fellows in Dental Surgery of the College by Election who are dentally qualified.
- Fellows in Dental Surgery of the College by examination.
- Fellows in Dental surgery ad eundem.
- Members of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (MFDS) by examination.
- Members of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (MFDS) ad eundem.
- Specialty Members who possess the Membership in Orthodontics (MOrth), Membership in Restorative Dentistry (MRD), Membership in Oral Surgery (MOralSurg), Membership in Surgical Dentistry (MSurg Dent), Membership in Paediatric Dentistry (MPaed Dent) or the Membership in Special Care Dentistry (MSCD) who do not possess a Fellowship in Dental Surgery of the College. In the case of all intercollegiate diplomas, Members must be affiliated to The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Specialty Members as in (vi) above, ad eundem.
- Members of the Joint Dental Faculties (MJDF RCSEng) who, after three years joint membership, have declared their affiliation with the Faculty of Dental Surgery.
Nomination forms and further details outlining the duties and responsibilities of the Faculty Board can be obtained from the Faculty Office. All nomination forms must be duly completed and returned by Friday 5 March 2021, 5pm