Global Surgery Policy Unit launch event
View in Google Maps
Please note this event has been postponed. A new date will be announced as soon as possible and we very much hope you will be able to join us then. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
The Global Surgery Policy Unit (GSPU) is a new strategic collaboration between The Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS England) and the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
Established to advance global public health, surgical, obstetric and anaesthesia care, with a particular focus on low and middle-income countries, the goal of the GSPU is to strengthen and contribute to the evidence-base for global surgical care through high-level policy research, capacity-building partnerships and advocacy initiatives aimed at informing decision-makers and empowering communities.
Join us on Monday 26 September, for a fascinating programme of amazing talks, as part of The Future of Global Surgery seminar, followed by a drinks reception.
This event will be jointly hosted by the College and the LSE at their headquarters in Lincoln's Inn Fields. And for those of you unable to join us in Lincoln's Inn Fields, the seminar will also be live streamed.
Seminar - online attendance
While the GPSU launch is for invited guests and key stakeholders we are delighted to welcome any one with an interest in the project to watch the event via the livestream – please register your interest here.
Seminar: The Future of Global Surgery
This seminar will be chaired by the co-directors of the GSPU:
- Ms Rachel Hargest, Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Cardiff University and the University Hospital of Wales (UK)
- Dr Rocco Friebel, Assistant Professor of Health Policy, London School of Economics & Political Science (UK)
Confirmed speakers and panellists include:
- Professor Abebe Bekele, Dean of the School of Medicine at the University of Global Health Equity (Rwanda)
- Dr Lesong Conteh, Health Economist, Associate Professorial Research Fellow, and former Commissioner, Lancet Common on Global Surgery, London School of Economics & Political Science (UK)
- Professor Nobhojit Roy, Professor of Public Health, General and Trauma Surgeon and former Commissioner, Lancet Common on Global Surgery (India)
- Professor Sherry Wren, Professor of General Surgery and Director, Global Surgery Centre for Innovation and Global Health, Stanford University (USA)
This seminar will be live streamed, please let us know if you would like to join us online.
Post Event Information
Here is some information about the event after it has been closed