COVID-19 Q&A with the RCS President: One month on
- Free for all
COVID-19 Q&A webinar series
COVID-19 Q&A with the RCS President: One month on.
As we continue to navigate through the current pandemic, it's important for us to understand how it has affected both your work environment and our healthcare system and how we can best assist with supporting you during these challenging times.
Our President, Professor Derek Alderson, will be joined by RCS Council member and President of the Federation of Surgical Specialty Associations (FSSA), Nigel Mercer, for the next instalment of our free webinar series on Wednesday 29 April. This session is the perfect platform for you to tune in to discuss and reflect on how the surgical workforce is coping with COVID-19 one month on from our inaugural broadcast.
Having an accurate, up-to-date picture of the challenges and circumstances surgeons and surgical trainees are continually facing helps us give the strongest possible voice to the profession and support you the best we can.
Why should you tune in?
Our panel will discuss a wide range of topics including:
• an update on surgical prioritisation;
• information on PPE and testing, including the findings from the RCS survey;
• a Q&A, providing you with the opportunity to ask any burning questions and raise any other key issues.
We want to ensure that we are supporting you and providing you with the most helpful information for yourself and your peers. Please get in touch with our events team with any questions or further topics you would like to be discussed during this session.
For those unable to join the livestream on Wednesday, the recording will be made available on our COVID-19 webinar series page.
Further resources available:
• Our Confidential Support & Advice Service now has a 24/7 helpline for emotional support. Please make sure you are looking after yourselves, and know that we are here for you.
• Get involved with our COVID Research Group, bringing together a network of people to collaborate on a range of different COVID-19 specific research projects, all in the hope to find some answers to the unprecedented questions.
• Are you currently working out of scope? We have picked out key parts of our learning catalogue that will help support those stepping into new roles or returning to healthcare on the front line.
• Read our good practice guide that provides you with recommendations on adapting surgical services, working in extended scope of practice, caring for end-of-life patients and protecting the workforce.
• Find out about how you can write for our COVID-19 blog series, and share your story. We want to hear from you!
• Discover our COVID-19 hub, providing you with the latest news and an extensive list of resources to support you.
Post Event Information
Here is some information about the event after it has been closed
Booking for this webinar is now open.