COVID-19 human factors: Your five-minute brief and why it matters
- Free for all
COVID-19 Q&A webinar series
The COVID-19 virus has tested NHS teams and leaders’ skills and stamina to new limits. The profession is now looking to re-start many surgical services across the UK and senior surgeons are poised to bring back and lead teams across the specialties. The importance of good communication and other human factors is more vital than ever.
Join newly elected RCS Council member Professor Peter Brennan and the team at Critical Factors, including Captain Graham Shaw, Director of Critical Factors and Boeing 777 Captain for British Airways and British Airways Boeing 787 Training Standards Captain, Chris Holden, who will be discussing the importance of effective briefings with an emphasis on briefing in the COVID environment.
Why should you tune in?
This session will be focusing on how to lead a successful team, briefing from a human factors point of view and will provide participants with a number of outcomes and opportunities to ask questions of the team of experts from Critical Factors.
• Setting the right tone to ensure team members are willing to speak up.
• Sharing the plan with the team.
• Identifying potential challenges and how to manage them.
We want to ensure that we are supporting you and providing you with the most helpful information for yourself and your peers. Please get in touch with our events team with any questions or further topics you would like to be discussed during this session.
For those unable to join the livestream on Thursday, the recording will be made available on our COVID-19 webinar series page.
Further resources available:
- Refresh your skills via our free online learning resources. We have made relevant resources available to all to help support surgeons during the pandemic.
- Download our guidance for Recovery of Surgical Services tohelp handle the backlog of surgical work being created by the outbreak. In the coming weeks we will be launching a series of tools to support this guidance, stay tuned!
- Our Confidential Support & Advice Service now has a 24/7 helpline for emotional support. Please make sure you are looking after yourselves, and know that we are here for you.
- Get involved with our COVID Research Group, bringing together a network of people to collaborate on a range of different COVID-19 specific research projects, all in the hope to find some answers to the unprecedented questions.
- Are you currently working out of scope? We have picked out key parts of our learning catalogue that will help support those stepping into new roles or returning to healthcare on the front line.
- Read our good practice guide that provides you with recommendations on adapting surgical services, working in extended scope of practice, caring for end-of-life patients and protecting the workforce.
- Find out about how you can write for our COVID-19 blog series, and share your story. We want to hear from you!
- Discover our COVID-19 hub, providing you with the latest news and an extensive list of resources to support you.
Post Event Information
Here is some information about the event after it has been closed
Booking for this webinar is now open.