Masterclass in Orthodontic Wirebending and Archwire Fabrication
This two-day masterclass teaches the skills for fabricating, modifying and designing archwires.
You will progress through a wide range of wirebending exercises, learning the techniques needed to practise effective archwire modification and fabrication for patients with a variety of needs.
Participants are required to bring a list of instruments.
- 2 days
- 10.00 CPD Points
At the end of the two days participants will:
- be more confident in their wire-bending skills;
- know how to adjust rectangular archwires to improve effectiveness;
- understand the indications for alternative mechanics; and
- bend friction-free arches that provide efficient traction to teeth.
This course is limited to 30 places. Delegates are advised to book early to avoid disappointment
This course comprises practical exercises, demonstrations and theory-based instruction.
Participants will progress through a series of wire bending exercises over the two days with a view to improving and honing their skills in the correct and proper techniques to fabricate archwires for clinical use.
Mandatory list of instruments can be downloaded here.
For queries please contact: FDS-Education@rcseng.ac.uk
You will cover a variety of topics during this course, including:
- Archwire design, fabrication and modification
- The benefits of using alternative mechanics, including archwires
- Methods of bending archwires to be most effective for patient treatment.
There are currently no dates available for this course. Please register your interest and we will email you when the next dates are announced.
Register your interest
Contact the FDS education team
If you have a question about a course please don't hesitate to get in touch. Remember to tell us which course you are referring to.