Council election results 2019
11 Apr 2019
The membership of the Royal College of Surgeons has elected five members to the RCS Council at the ballot held on 8 April 2019. The following successful candidates will commence their four-year terms in July.
- Mr Richard Kerr who has been re-elected to Council. Richard is a Consultant Neurosurgeon at John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford. He was first elected to Council in 2013.
- Mr John Abercrombie who has been re-elected to Council. John is Consultant in General Surgery at Nottingham City Hospital. He was first elected to Council in 2013.
- Professor Tim Rockall who has been re-elected to Council. Tim is a Consultant in General Surgery (Colorectal) at The Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford. He was first elected to Council in 2015.
- Mr Ananda Nanu who has been elected to Council, having served one term as the BOA SSA Member on Council since 2015. Ananda is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Sunderland Royal Hospital.
- Ms Victoria Pegna, who is a Specialty Registrar for Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals.
Council holds delegated authority from the College’s Board of Trustees for all matters relating to professional and public policy and membership matters. All surgical members and fellows are eligible to participate in the election, and the Council Members collectively hold the ability to set the professional direction of the College.