Shape the future of our online learning
01 Mar 2018
Foundation and core trainees, take part in our survey and have your say on the future of RCS online learning.
Here at the Royal College of Surgeons, we’re committed to improving the quality of the online academic material we produce for surgical trainees.
We need your opinions to help shape the future of our online learning, and to ensure that it’ll continue to teach you useful skills for your pursuit of a career in surgery.
In order to understand what resources surgical trainees are using to study online, and what subject areas you think we should focus on, we are running a short survey.
Is there a topic you wish we’d offer for study? Are you interested in helping us to develop our resources? Now is the time to let us know.
The survey should only take five minutes to complete, and we’re offering the chance to win £100 towards an RCS education course.
Bursary terms and conditions
- The bursary can only be used on Royal College of Surgeons-managed courses at:
- Manchester Surgical Skills and Simulation Centre
- St George’s Advanced Patient Simulation and Skills Centre
- St George’s University of London
- Royal College of Surgeons
- ETC Venue (Prospero House)
- The course must be taken by the end of Dec 2018.
- The bursary can only be used at to enrol yourself on a course you are eligible for.
- The bursary can only be used on new course bookings made after the bursary has been awarded. It cannot be used to refund bookings already made or courses attended previously.
- The bursary can only be used on a single course and cannot be split over several courses.
- The £100 figure is the maximum amount awarded - if the fee for the chosen course is lower than this, the RCS will not hold a “bursary credit” but will regard the bursary as used up. If the course fee is higher than the bursary, the awardee will have to pay the rest of the fee. The bursary cannot be used to refund expenses for travel or subsistence.
- Bursaries are subject to our standard cancellation policy. If you can no longer attend and inform us in good time - ie greater than one month before the start date of the course - we will book you on to the next available date or, if that is not possible, a suitable alternative. However, if you inform us within one month of the start date of the course you will forfeit your bursary unless in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the RCS.
- If you change your mind and wish to attend a different course, you must let us know within two months of the awarding of the bursary. We will try but cannot guarantee to accommodate your request. You can only change courses once. If you change and then cannot attend the new course you will lose your bursary.
- If your nominated course is cancelled, you will have to choose a different course from the same portfolio within two months of the awarding of the bursary.