The Surgical Royal Colleges and Surgical Specialty Associations of the UK and Ireland Reaffirm Standards for Cosmetic Surgery
22 Sep 2023
The 4 surgical Royal Colleges and the 7 relevant SAC-defined Surgical Specialty Associations (SSAs) of the UK and Ireland have set the standards for the practice of cosmetic surgery in the UK and Ireland and oversee the Cosmetic Surgery Certification Scheme which enables expert cosmetic surgeons to demonstrate that they meet these standards.
The Scheme assures patients that certified surgeons have the training and experience and demonstrate the professional behaviours and attitudes to undertake cosmetic surgery in the independent sector.
This is the only such scheme in the UK and Ireland to accredit cosmetic surgeons.
Patients contemplating cosmetic surgery can get advice here and can access the list of certified surgeons here.
Surgeons who are interested in finding out more about the Scheme and may wish to apply for certification can do so here.
List of organisations that support the Cosmetic Surgery Certification Scheme:
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland
- Association of Breast Surgery (ABS).
- British Association of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS).
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (BAOMS).
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS).
- British Oculoplastic Surgical Society (BOPSS).
- British Society of Facial Plastic Surgery (BSFPS).
- Plastic Surgery Trainees Association (PLASTA UK).